This second edition of Cambridge IGCSE¬Æ Mathematics Core and Extended Coursebook offers complete coverage of the Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics (0580/0980) syllabus. It contains detailed explanations and clear worked examples, followed by practice exercises to allow students to consolidate the required mathematical skills. The coursebook offers opportunities for checking prior knowledge before starting a new chapter and testing knowledge with end-of-chapter and exam-practice exercises. Core and Extended materials are presented within the same book and are clearly signposted to allow students to see the range of mathematics required for study at this level. Answers are at the back of the book.
Worked examples throughout provide step-by-step guidance.
Progressively more challenging exercises complete with answers at the back of the book.
Core and Extended materials clearly signposted within a single book.
Recap section at the start of chapters for students to check their prior knowledge before starting new topics.
1. Reviewing number concepts
2. Making sense of algebra
3. Lines, angles and shapes
4. Collecting, organising and displaying data
5. Fractions and standard form
6. Equations and transforming formulae
7. Perimeter, area and volume
8. Introduction to probability
9. Sequences and sets
10. Straight lines and quadratic equations
11. Pythagoras' theorem and similar shapes
12. Averages and measures of speed
Examination practiceUnit 4
13. Understanding measurement
14. Further solving of equations and inequalities
15. Scale drawings, bearings and trigonometry
16. Scatter diagrams and correlation
17. Managing money
18. Curved graphs
20. Histograms and frequency distribution diagrams
21. Ratio, rate and proportion
22. More equations, formulae and functions
23. Vectors and transformations
24. Probability using tree diagrams and Venn diagrams