- Stock: In Stock
- Weight: 0.85kg
- ISBN: 9789814834353
"Teach students how to work successfully in today's project management environment with Gido/Clements/Baker's SUCCESSFUL PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 7E. This best-selling text details how to organize and manage project teams -- from planning and scheduling to cost management.
Revised chapters align with PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) to ensure best practices. The book covers project constraints, stakeholder issues, the project charter, and how projects support an organization's strategic plan.
Learning features reinforce concepts critical to project management success. Students practice effective communication while new cases inspire discussion and debate, and new real-world vignettes demonstrate how to apply concepts in the workplace. New MindTap digital resources enhance each chapter with videos, quizzes, and case animations. Students also work with today's popular MicrosoftÂ® Project 2016. Find everything your students need to manage projects effectively in business today."
- WELL-ORGANIZED, FOCUSED CHAPTERS ALIGN WITH THE PMBOK APPROACH.
- FUN AND ENGAGING CASES DEMONSTRATE KEY PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS AT WORK.
- DOWNLOADABLE TRIAL VERSION OF MICROSOFT® PROJECT 2016 PROVIDES PRACTICE WITH TODAY'S LEADING PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE.
- STRAIGHTFORWARD, ACCESSIBLE APPROACH REFLECTS STATE-OF-THE-ART CONCEPTS.
- COMPREHENSIVE CONTENT ADDRESSES EVERYTHING STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW TO WORK SUCCESSFULLY IN TODAY'S PROJECT ENVIRONMENT.
- "LEARNING OUTCOMES" AND "CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR" BOXES HIGHLIGHT THE KEY POINTS WITHIN EACH CHAPTER.
- PROVEN END-OF-CHAPTER MATERIALS ENABLE STUDENTS TO APPLY CHAPTER CONCEPTS IN WRITING AND ONLINE.
- "REINFORCE YOUR LEARNING" QUESTIONS TEST STUDENTS' COMPREHENSION OF CONCEPTS.
- COMPLETE TEACHING PACKAGE PROVIDES A WEALTH OF TIME-SAVING RESOURCES FOR COURSE PREPARATION AND PRESENTATION.
Table of Contents
1. Project Management Concepts.
Part I: INITIATING A PROJECT.
2. Identifying and Selecting Projects.
3. Developing Project Proposals.
Part II: PLANNING, PERFORMING, AND CONTROLLING THE PROJECT.
4. Defining Scope, Quality, Responsibility, and Activity Sequence.
5. Developing the Schedule.
6. Resource Utilization.
7. Determining Costs, Budget and Earned Value.
8. Managing Risk.
9. Closing the Project.
Part III: PEOPLE: THE KEY TO PROJECT SUCCESS.
10. The Project Manager.
11. The Project Team.
12. Project Communication and Documentation.
13. Project Management Organizational Structures.
Appendix A: Project Management Information Systems.
Appendix B: Project Management Websites.
Appendix C: Project Management Associations around the Globe.
Appendix D: Acronyms.
Reinforce Your Learning Answers.