Business Analytics, Second Edition teaches the fundamental concepts of the emerging field of business analytics and provides vital tools in understanding how data analysis works in today’s organizations. Students will learn to apply basic business analytics principles, communicate with analytics professionals, and effectively use and interpret analytic models to make better business decisions. Included access to commercial grade analytics software gives students real-world experience and career-focused value. Author James Evans takes a balanced, holistic approach and looks at business analytics from descriptive, and predictive perspectives.
Table of Contents
About the Author
PART 1: Foundations of Business Analytics
1. Introduction to Business Analytics
2. Analytics on Spreadsheets
Part 2: Descriptive Analytics
3. Visualizing and Exploring Data
4. Descriptive Statistical Measures
5. Probability Distributions and Data Modeling
6. Sampling and Estimation
7. Statistical Inference
Part 3: Predictive Analytics
8. Trendlines and Regression Analysis
9. Forecasting Techniques
10. Introduction to Data Mining
11. Spreadsheet Modeling and Analysis
12. Monte Carlo Simulation and Risk Analysis
Part 4: Prescriptive Analytics
13. Linear Optimization
14. Applications of Linear Optimization
15. Integer Optimization
16. Decision Analysis
Supplementary Chapter A (online): Nonlinear and Non-Smooth Optimization
Supplementary Chapter B (online): Optimization Models with Uncertainty
For undergraduate or graduate business students.
A balanced and holistic approach to business analytics.
Content is organized into five parts to guide students through the information:
Part 1: Foundations of Business Analytics.
Part 2: Descriptive Analytics.
Part 3: Predictive Analytics.
Part 4: Prescriptive Analytics.
Part 5: Making Decisions.
In-text features aid in student understanding.
Complete Software Support.
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: 9781292095448
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781292095448