Table of Contents
1. The International Economy and Globalization.
Part I: INTERNATIONAL TRADE RELATIONS.
2. Foundations of Modern Trade Theory: Comparative Advantage.
3. Sources of Comparative Advantage.
5. Nontariff Trade Barriers.
6. Trade Regulations and Industrial Policies.
7. Trade Policies for the Developing Nations.
8. Regional Trading Arrangements.
9. International Factor Movements and Multinational Enterprises.
Part II: INTERNATIONAL MONETARY RELATIONS.
10. The Balance-of-Payments.
11. Foreign Exchange.
12. Exchange Rate Determination.
13. Mechanisms of International Adjustment.
14. Exchange Rate Adjustments and the Balance-of-Payments.
15. Exchange Rate Systems and Currency Crises.
16. Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy.
17. Banking: Reserves, Debt, and Risk.
STREAMLINED PRESENTATION OF ESSENTIAL ECONOMIC THEORY PROVIDES A SOLID THEORETICAL FOUNDATION: The book’s clear and concise coverage of economic theory prepares readers for more in-depth explorations of contemporary issues, such as wage insurance, foreign aid, and free trade’s impact on the environment.
A WEALTH OF EXAMPLES AND APPLICATIONS DEMONSTRATE THE RELEVANCE OF THE BOOK'S THEORY: This edition’s memorable examples and practical applications highlight international economic theories at work in today’s real-world. Helpful illustrations depict the complex consequences of outsourcing, globalization, free trade, tariffs and exchange rate adjustments.
FIVE CENTRAL THEMES, INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE TEXT, KEEP STUDENTS INVOLVED AND ACTIVELY LEARNING: These reader-friendly, engaging themes emphasize issues at the forefront of international economics today, including the globalization of economic activity, free trade and protectionism, trade conflicts between developing nations and industrial nations, liberalizing trade, and turbulence in the global financial system.
MINDTAP WITH APLIA ENGAGES STUDENTS AND POWERS READERS FROM MEMORIZATION TO MASTERY: MindTap digital learning platform is now available with the highly-acclaimed Aplia online homework solution as well as course-specific learning activities and assessments. This turnkey, out-of-the-box digital solution integrates with any LMS and offers your students a robust, engaging, personalized learning experience in international economics.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814853477
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814853477