This comprehensive book aims to be a valuable resource for all undergraduates pursuing introductory accounting subjects, especially non-accounting students. It contains 21 chapters that explore both financial accounting and management accounting, with emphasis on the Malaysian environment. Thus, this book is also useful for future managers, who need to understand the basics of financial accounting before proceeding to management accounting.
The content of this book is written in an accessible manner by experienced academics. Systematic worked examples are given to guide students in understanding important topics progressively. Besides that, self-test activities and group activities are amply provided at the end of all chapters to facilitate students’ application of knowledge, as well as reinforcement of knowledge acquired. Additionally, online resources for both students and lecturers are available as handy supplements.
- Adheres to the latest introductory business accounting syllabuses of public and private higher learning institutions.
- Presents the content accessibly using local examples to ease students’ grasp of key topics.
- Contains worked examples to guide students in a step-by-step manner.
- Provides ample self-test activities and group activities to help students apply what they have learned, thus reinforcing their understanding and knowledge.
Table of Contents
Chapter 01 : Introduction to Accounting
Chapter 02: Recording Accounting Information
Chapter 03 : Business Performance Measurement
Chapter 04 : Requirements for Information Disclosure
Chapter 05 : Accounting for Current Assets
Chapter 06 : Accounting for Non-current Assets
Chapter 07 : Single Entry and Incomplete Records
Chapter 08 : Accounting for Liabilities and Owner Equity
Chapter 09 : Accounting for Partnerships
Chapter 10 : Accounting for Companies
Chapter 11 : Analysis of Financial Statements
Chapter 12 : Introduction to Management and Cost Accounting
Chapter 13 : Management of Material, Labour and Overhead Costs
Chapter 14 : Accounting for Manufacturing Companies
Chapter 15 : Product Costing
Chapter 16 : Capital Budgeting
Chapter 17 : Operational Budgets
Chapter 18 : Flexible Budgets and Standard Costing
Chapter 19 : Costing Technique, Cost-volume-profit and Pricing
Chapter 20 : Accounting for Control and Performance Measurement
Chapter 21 : Strategic Management Accounting
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9789834722548
- Weight: 1.70kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789834722548