This comprehensive academic writing guide is tailored for students who are pursuing academic writing courses at institutions of higher learning. It covers the essential skills and genres in 12 units, which are designed as independent units to make this book more accessible to all learners. The fundamentals covered for effective academic writing include the use of appropriate tone, structure, vocabulary, register and stance in academic writing and how to paraphrase, summarise, analyse, synthesise and evaluate information from academic texts. Besides that, students are guided on the importance of citing their sources of information using the APA format and how to prepare complete references properly. They are also guided on how to respond critically to the texts, plan and write essays, prepare annotations, write reports and describe non-linear texts, which are all critical elements for academic writing success.
Detailed guidance notes are outlined clearly and systematically in the units to help students grasp the skills. These notes include simple and engaging activities that are graded to help students reinforce the skills that they have acquired. In addition, students are given independent learning activities after selected units to further improve their mastery of academic writing skills.
- Contains comprehensive yet succinct notes on acquiring critical academic writing skills.
- Provides step-by-step guidelines to assist students in producing effective academic writing.
- Presents relevant examples which complement the discussions and illustrate the skills taught clearly.
- Includes ample and varied practices, with suggested answers.
- Offers independent learning activities in selected units for reinforcement of learning.
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9789834719180
- Weight: 0.88kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789834719180