Islamic Banking and Finance is written to meet the needs of undergraduate students studying business and economics, though parts of it may be useful to guide students further along the learning curve. Apart from students, the book can also be used by professionals to refresh and update their knowledge and understanding on the subject, to help them carry out their responsibilities more efficiently.
In addition, this book provides a comprehensive presentation of topics, including the theoretical foundations, financial instruments, banking operations, risk management, takaful, and issues relating to the law, regulation and governance. It integrates mainstream and Islamic perspectives to provide students with real-world financial structures and examples.
- Marginal notes provide a snapshot view of the issues under discussion.
- Provides comprehensive exposition of the subject, with specific examples suitable for the global market.
- A Key Concepts section at the end of each chapter.
- Real-world case studies provided in every chapter.
- A web-based task is provided at the end of each chapter.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Structure of the book
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION TO ISLAMIC FINANCE
CHAPTER 2: MONEY CREATION AND CONTROL
CHAPTER 3: VALUE OF MONEY AND SOCIETY
CHAPTER 4: ISLAMIC FINANCE - THE BASICS
CHAPTER 5: DIRECT MODES OF ISLAMIC FINANCE
CHAPTER 6: INDIRECT MODES OF FINANCE
CHAPTER 7: INVESTMENT SUKUK - ISLAMIC BONDS
CHAPTER 8: MODES OF SHORT-TERM FINANCING
CHAPTER 9: LONG-TERM FINANCING: CAPITAL MARKETS
CHAPTER 10: RISK MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER 11: TAKAFUL - ISLAMIC INSURANCE
CHAPTER 12: LAW, REGULATION AND GOVERNANCE
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9789834710453
- Weight: 1.13kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789834710453