Cost Accounting Fifth Edition is an ideal book for undergraduate students of finance and accountancy of business who wish to grasp the fundamentals of cost accounting and it covers both theory and technique. It focuses on the purpose of cost accounting, which is to ascertain costs in order to plan and control. It also covers the concepts and techniques of cost management, as well as its purpose, which is to provide information for strategic decision-making in order to give a competitive advantage to the company and value to the customers. The text covers a significant part of the syllabuses of various local and overseas examinations in cost and management accounting.
- Text presented in a direct and simple style.
- Learning outcomes and key terms included for each chapter.
- Charts, diagrams and figures interspersed between text provide clarity.
- Worked examples used liberally to reinforce understanding.
- Includes documents used in a cost and management accounting system.
- Summary at the end of each chapter for quick reference.
- Margin notes incorporated for easy learning.
Table of Contents
01. Fundamentals of Costing
02. Ethics in Cost Accounting
03. Costing for Materials
04. Costing for Labour
05. Costing for Direct Expenses and Overheads
06. Job and Batch Costing
07. Contract Costing
08. Process Costing
09. Joint Products, By- products, Waste, Scrap, Spoilage, Rejects and
10. Costing of Services
11. Profit Reporting
12. Break-even Analysis
14. Quantitative Decision-making: Cost Estimation and Uncertainty
16. Budgetary Control and Flexible Budgeting
17. Standard Costing
18. Accounting for Costs
19. Transfer Pricing and Performance Evaluation
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9789834703585
- Weight: 1.65kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789834703585