- HOLISTIC OVERVIEWS. At two key points, McMurry provides an "Overview" to help students grasp the subject matter more holistically.
- AN EXEMPLARY ARRAY OF 1,800 PROBLEMS. McMurry's extensive end-of-chapter problem sets provide students with ample opportunity to practice and master their organic chemistry problem-solving skills.
- OWLv2 is the most trusted online learning solution for chemistry. Featuring chemist-developed content, OWLv2 is the only system designed to elevate thinking through Mastery Learning, allowing students to work at their own pace until they understand each concept and skill.
- IMPROVED CHAPTER-ENDING PROBLEM ORGANIZATION. End-of-chapter problems are now grouped by type to assist professors in assigning problems and students in solving them.
- UNIQUE "VISUALIZING CHEMISTRY" PROBLEMS. These problems challenge students to make the essential connection between typical line-bond drawings and computer-generated molecular models.
Table of Contents
1. Structure and Bonding.
2. Polar Covalent Bonds; Acids and Bases.
3. Organic Compounds: Alkanes and Their Stereochemistry.
4. Organic Compounds: Cycloalkanes and Their Stereochemistry
5. Stereochemistry at Tetrahedral Centers.
6. An Overview of Organic Reactions.
7. Alkenes: Structure and Reactivity.
8. Alkenes: Reactions and Synthesis.
9. Alkynes: An Introduction to Organic Synthesis.
11. Reactions of Alkyl Halides: Nucleophilic Substitutions and Eliminations.
12. Structure Determination: Mass Spectrometry and Infrared Spectroscopy.
13. Structure Determination: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
14. Conjugated Compounds and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy.
15. Benzene and Aromaticity.
16. Chemistry of Benzene: Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution.
17. Alcohols and Phenols.
18. Ethers and Epoxides; Thiols and Sulfides.
19. Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition Reactions.
20. Carboxylic Acids and Nitriles.
21. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution Reactions.
22. Carbonyl Alpha-Substitution Reactions.
23. Carbonyl Condensation Reactions.
24. Amines and Heterocycles.
25. Biomolecules: Carbohydrates.
26. Biomolecules: Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins.
27. Biomolecules: Lipids.
28. Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids.
29. The Organic Chemistry of Metabolic Pathways.
30. Orbitals and Organic Chemistry: Pericyclic Reactions.
31. Synthetic Polymers.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814846462
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814846462