Introduce your students to the latest developments in biotechnology and genomics with this bestselling text for the one-term course. Known for its logical organization, appropriate depth of coverage, and vibrant illustrations, BIOCHEMISTRY, 9th Edition, helps students synthesize the glut of information that has flooded the field since the decoding of the human genome, while showing them how biochemistry principles connect to their everyday lives. It incorporates current developments in Alzheimer’s research, RNA drug therapy, gene editing with CRISPR-Cas9, and revised coverage of topics such as aging, stem cell therapies, and G-coupled protein receptors. In-text features, like “Hot Topics” and “Biochemical Connections”, reflect the latest advances in the field -- and demonstrate how biochemistry applies to other fields like health and sports medicine. Problem sets, categorized by problem type, help students master chemistry and prepare for exams.
- PROVEN IN-TEXT LEARNING AIDS.
- MARGINAL GLOSSARY.
- END-OF-CHAPTER PROBLEM SETS.
- INTEGRATION WITH OWL.
- Q&A FEATURES.
- APPLY YOUR KNOWLEDGE BOXES.
- BIOCHEMICAL CONNECTION BOXES.
Table of Contents
1. Biochemistry and the Organization of Cells.
2. Water: The Solvent for Biochemical Reactions.
3. Amino Acids and Peptides.
4. The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins.
5. Protein Purification and Characterization Techniques.
6. The Behavior of Proteins: Enzymes.
7. The Behavior of Proteins: Enzymes, Mechanisms, and Control.
8. Lipids and Proteins Are Associated in Biological Membranes.
9. Nucleic Acids: How Structure Conveys Information.
10. Biosynthesis of Nucleic Acids: Replication.
11. Transcription of the Genetic Code: The Biosynthesis of RNA.
12. Protein Synthesis: Translation of the Genetic Message.
13. Nucleic Acid Biotechnology Techniques.
14. Viruses, Cancer and Immunology.
15. The Importance of Energy Changes and Electron Transfer in Metabolism.
18. Storage Mechanisms and Control in Carbohydrate Metabolism.
19. The Citric Acid Cycle.
20. Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation.
21. Lipid Metabolism.
23. The Metabolism of Nitrogen.
24. Integration of Metabolism: Cellular Signaling.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814846448
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814846448