- HOMEOSTASIS THEME: The central theme of homeostasis helps students understand the relationship among the body systems.
- PEDAGOGICAL ART: Widespread use of integrated descriptions within figures, including numerous process-oriented figures with step-by-step descriptions, allows visually oriented students to review processes through figures.
- RELEVANCY: "Concepts, Challenges, and Controversies" boxes expose students to high-interest and relevant information on such diverse topics as environmental impact on the body, stem cell research, acupuncture, strokes, and more.
- TOPIC SUPPORT: "Check Your Understanding" questions appear after each major section to help students review the main ideas just discussed.
- STUDY CARDS: Tear-out study cards for each chapter contain concept summaries and key figures and allow students to study anywhere at any time.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Physiology and Homeostasis.
2. Cell Physiology.
3. The Plasma Membrane and Membrane Potential.
4. Principles of Neural and Hormonal Communication.
5. The Central Nervous System.
6. The Peripheral Nervous System: Afferent Division; Special Senses.
7. The Peripheral Nervous System: Efferent Division.
8. Muscle Physiology.
9. Cardiac Physiology.
10. The Blood Vessels and Blood Pressure.
11. The Blood.
12. Body Defenses.
13. The Respiratory System.
14. The Urinary System.
15. Fluid and Acid–Base Balance.
16. The Digestive System.
17. Energy Balance and Temperature Regulation.
18. Principles of Endocrinology; The Central Endocrine Glands.
19. The Peripheral Endocrine Glands.
20. The Reproductive System.
Appendix: A Review of Chemical Principles.
Appendix: Text References to Exercise Physiology.
Appendix: Answers to Check Your Understanding, End-of-Chapter Objective Questions, Quantitative Exercises, Points to Ponder, and Clinical Considerations.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814846431
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814846431