Give students an understanding of the legal, ethical, and societal implications of information technology with Reynolds' ETHICS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, 6E. Thorough coverage highlights notable technology developments and their impact on business. Students examine professional codes of ethics, cyberattacks and cybersecurity, security risk assessment, privacy, electronic surveillance, and freedom of expression. They also study Internet censorship, protection of intellectual property, quality software systems, IT’s impact on society, social networking, and ethics of IT corporations. Unlike other introductory books with brief ethical coverage, this edition provides a thorough foundation for addressing ethical issues in the workplace. Business vignettes, new Critical-Thinking Exercises and Manager's Checklists help students examine ethical situations in IT and address relevant issues.
- EXCELLENT FOUNDATION EQUIPS READERS FOR FUTURE DECISION-MAKING. This book and the proven features it offers, such as Manager's Checklists, provide an exceptional, solid foundation for current and future business managers and IT professionals responsible for ethical decision-making.
- UNIQUE APPROACH CREATES ONE OF THE FEW TECHNOLOGY-SPECIFIC ETHICS BOOKS AVAILABLE. This book has wide application in today's information technology field, where ethics are becoming more and more important. The author's unique focus helps readers better understand the legal, ethical, and societal implications of information technology today.
- IN-DEPTH EXAMINATION OF ETHICAL SITUATIONS PROVIDES PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS MANAGERS AND IT PROFESSIONALS. This distinctive text addresses a full range of ethical issues related to IT in substantial depth and detail. Information is tailored specifically to the needs of the people who are primarily responsible for addressing ethical issues in the workplace: business managers and IT professionals.
- UPDATED MANAGER'S CHECKLISTS EMPHASIZE KEY CONSIDERATIONS FOR STRONG BUSINESS DECISIONS. These useful Manager's Checklists offer your students brief, helpful reminders of practical questions to ask and critical points to consider when making important business decisions.
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of Ethics.
2. Ethics for IT Professionals and IT Users.
3. Cyberattacks and Cybersecurity.
5. Freedom of Expression.
6. Intellectual Property.
7. Ethical Decisions in Software Development.
8. Social Networking.
9. Ethics of IT Organizations.
Appendix A: Brief Introduction to Morality.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814846363
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814846363