Introduce the latest technology and developments with the book specifically oriented to the needs of information systems students: PRINCIPLES OF INFORMATION SECURITY, 6E. Taking a managerial approach, this market-leading introductory book emphasizes all the aspects of information security -- not just the technical control perspective. Students gain a broad overview of the entire field of information security and related elements with the detail to ensure understanding. Students review terms used in the field, a history of the discipline, and an overview of how to manage an information security program. Current and relevant, this edition highlights the latest practices with fresh examples that explore the impact of emerging technologies, such as the Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, and DevOps. Updates address technical security controls, emerging legislative issues, digital forensics, and ethical issues in IS security, making it ideal for business decision-makers.
- THE TEXT PROVIDES SUPPORT FOR MAPPING TO LEADING STANDARDS.
- CHAPTERS END WITH A SUMMARY, REVIEW QUESTIONS AND EXERCISES DESIGNED TO EXTEND STUDENT UNDERSTANDING.
- THIS BOOK ILLUSTRATES HOW INFORMATION SECURITY IS BOTH A MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY CHALLENGE.
- ENGAGING, REVELANT CHAPTER OPENERS EMPHASIZE THE CRITICAL NATURE OF INFORMATION SECURITY.
- OFFLINE AND TECHNICAL DETAILS BOXES HIGHLIGHT INTERESTING TOPICS AND CONTEMPORARY TECHNICAL ISSUES.
- CHAPTERS END WITH A SUMMARY, REVIEW QUESTIONS AND EXERCISES DESIGNED TO EXTEND STUDENT UNDERSTANDING. T
- BOOK CONSISTENTLY EMPHASIZES REAL-WORLD APPLICATION.
- UP-TO-DATE MANAGERIAL CONTENT EQUIPS STUDENTS FOR SUCCESS.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Information Security.
2. The Need for Security.
3. Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Information Security.
4. Planning for Security.
5. Risk Management.
6. Security Technology: Firewalls, VPNs, and Wireless.
7. Security Technology: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems and Other Security Tools.
9. Physical Security.
10. Implementing Information Security.
11. Security and Personnel.
12. Information Security Maintenance and eDiscovery.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814846325
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814846325