Up-to-date and comprehensive, this practical best seller provides students with the basis for discovering their own guidelines for helping within the broad limits of professional codes of ethics and divergent theoretical positions. Respected authors Gerald Corey, Marianne Corey, and Cindy Corey raise what they consider to be central issues, present a range of diverse views on the issues, discuss their position, and provide opportunities for students to refine their thinking and develop an informed position. With new material in every chapter and an emphasis on critical thinking, ISSUES AND ETHICS IN THE HELPING PROFESSIONS, 10th Edition, is useful for students as well as practicing professionals. This edition features MindTap®, the digital learning solution that helps instructors engage and transform today's students into critical thinkers and successful helpers.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Professional Ethics.
2. The Counselor as a Person and as a Professional.
3. Values and the Helping Relationship.
4. Multicultural Perspectives and Diversity Issues.
5. Client Rights and Counselor Responsibilities.
6. Confidentiality: Ethical and Legal Issues.
7. Managing Boundaries and Multiple Relationships.
8. Professional Competence and Training.
9. Ethical Issues in Supervision.
10. Issues in Theory and Practice
11. Ethical Issues in Couples and Family Therapy.
12. Ethical Issues in Group Work.
13. Community and Social Justice Perspectives.
The authors draw upon their combined experiences to provide a realistic and challenging view of dealing with ethical issues. Throughout the text, the authors stress that ethical decision making is an ongoing process with no easy answers. However, the book gives readers the framework to think through the issues.
The book is comprehensive, in that it is appropriate for students in counselor education, clinical psychology, social work, mental health counseling, and human services, among other professions.
Every chapter includes a summary of codes from the various professional organizations that are relevant to the topics under discussion.
With an emphasis on critical thinking, the text involves readers in the learning process through self-inventories, case examples, open-ended questions, and discussion questions.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834728
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834728