- PRACTICAL, PROVEN APPLICATIONS BRING FRAUD TO LIFE. Actual, current fraud cases, drawn from the authors' extensive first-hand experience, provide intriguing opportunities to apply concepts. Meaningful and practical end-of-chapter exercises offer helpful practice and review.
- STRONG EMPHASIS ON FRAUD DETECTION, PREVENTION, AND INVESTIGATION PREPARES STUDENTS TO WORK IN BUSINESS TODAY. This edition delves into fraud investigation at a deeper level, examining the nature of fraud perpetrators and why these individuals commit fraud. Students learn to recognize the warning signs that fraud may occur as well as study how to use technology most effectively to search proactively for fraud.
- EXTENSIVE AUTHOR EXPERIENCE ENSURES AUTHENTIC APPROACH. This team of authors combines their extensive expertise in forensic accounting, fraud examination, and technology with the talents of innovative experts in fraud investigation technology to bring your students an accurate, contemporary overview of fraud. The authors present numerous intriguing cases and incorporate memorable, first-hand examples drawn from today's business to reinforce key principles.
Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION TO FRAUD.
1. The Nature of Fraud.
2. Who Commits Fraud and Why.
3. Fighting Fraud: An Overview.
Part II: FRAUD PREVENTION.
4. Preventing Fraud.
Part III: FRAUD DETECTION.
5. Recognizing the Symptoms of Fraud.
6. Data-Driven Fraud Detection
Part IV: FRAUD INVESTIGATION.
7. Investigating Theft Acts.
8. Investigating Concealment.
9. Conversion Investigation Methods.
10. Inquiry Methods and Fraud Reports.
Part V: MANAGEMENT FRAUD.
11. Financial Statement Fraud.
12. Revenue- and Inventory-Related Financial Statement Frauds.
13. Liability, Asset, and Inadequate Disclosure Frauds.
Part VI: OTHER TYPES OF FRAUD.
14. Fraud Against Organizations.
15. Consumer Fraud.
16. Bankruptcy, Divorce, and Tax Fraud.
17. e-Commerce Fraud.
Part VII: RESOLUTION OF FRAUD.
18. Legal Follow-Up.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834681
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834681