- End-of-lesson activities feature hands-on exercises that reinforce chapter learning objectives and help students review, apply, and expand on key concepts, as well as honing important skills such as presentation, research, teamwork, and word processing.
- “Success Skills” features allow students to practice important office-related soft skills, while “Make Academic Connections” features highlight useful connections between office skills and other curriculum areas, encouraging students to apply their skills in other classes, such as math and English, .
- “The Winning Edge” features provide practice for the competitive events of DECA, BPA, and FBLA-BPA, and “Career Connections” features showcase information about a variety of jobs using the U.S. Department of Education’s 16 Career Clusters. Together these features offer strong motivation and support for students to apply what they have learned for success outside the classroom.
- All activities are task-oriented, enabling students to apply their knowledge and skills to realistic situations and solve common problems they may encounter in a modern office setting.
- Soft skills covered in the text help students strengthen important interpersonal skills needed in today's office, while technical skills are reinforced through integrated computer applications that provide hand-on practice with software and work tasks.
- Multiple “Workplace Connections” features within each chapter describe on-the-job scenarios and give students the opportunity to use critical thinking skills.
- An eBook is available for students who prefer accessing a digital version of the text using the device of their choice.
Table of Contents
Part I: THE OFFICE IN A CHANGING BUSINESS WORLD.
1. The Office Environment.
2. Office Competencies.
3. Information Management and Efficiency.
Part II: COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVELY.
4. Written Communication.
5. Oral Communication.
6. Telephone Communications.
Part III: PROCESSING AND UNDERSTANDING FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
7. Banking and Payroll.
8. Financial Reports and Procedures.
Part IV: MANAGING YOUR WORK LIFE.
9. Time and Workstation Management.
10. Meetings and Travel.
11. Records Management.
12. Processing Mail.
Part V: MANAGING YOUR CAREER.
13. Planning and Advancing Your Career.
14. Ongoing Professional Development.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834650
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834650