- The authors thoroughly cover cultural and gender factors as they relate to abnormal behavior.
- The text's pioneering approach offers an integrative, multidimensional perspective, unlike texts that take a single-cause, single-treatment approach.
- Discussing Diversity boxes augment coverage of cultural and gender factors and differences as they relate to the expression of disorders.
- DSM-5 Controversy boxes in each chapter discuss some of the most provocative aspects of the DSM-5 as they relate to the chapter topic.
- Substantial, cutting-edge coverage of prevention includes topics that pique students' interest; for example, how to prevent eating disorders, sleep disorders, substance abuse and dependence, suicide, antisocial disorders in children, and more.
- A Concept Check following every major section provides students with opportunities to assess their progress (answers are at the end of the chapter).
- Revised Student Learning Outcomes open each chapter, assisting instructors in accurately assessing and mapping questions throughout the chapter.
- A colorful two-page visual overview at the end of each disorder chapter summarizes the causes, development, symptoms, and treatment of the covered disorders.
- Well known in their field, Durand, Barlow, and Hofmann revised every chapter to reflect the latest research studies on psychological disorders, with hundreds of new references appearing for the first time.
- Case studies featuring real clients, mostly from the authors' own clinical experience, are incorporated throughout the book, providing a realistic context for the scientific research.
Table of Contents
1. Abnormal Behavior in Historical Context.
2. An Integrative Approach to Psychopathology.
3. Clinical Assessment, Diagnosis, and Research in Psychopathology.
4. Anxiety, Trauma- and Stressor-Related, and Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders.
5. Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders and Dissociative Disorders.
6. Mood Disorders and Suicide.
7. Physical Disorders and Health Psychology.
8. Eating and Sleep-Wake Disorders.
9. Sexual Dysfunctions, Paraphilic Disorders, and Gender Dysphoria.
10. Substance-Related, Addictive, and Impulse-Control Disorders.
11. Personality Disorders.
12. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders.
13. Neurodevelopmental and Neurocognitive Disorders.
14. Mental Health Services: Legal and Ethical Issues.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834575
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834575