Guiding students through a complete "life cycle of the firm," ENTREPRENEURIAL FINANCE, 6e, introduces the theories, knowledge, and corporate finance tools and techniques an entrepreneur needs to start, build, and eventually harvest a successful venture. With a strong emphasis on sound financial management practices, the text explores how to secure financing, use business cash flow models, and strategically position the early-stage company. Students also learn how to effectively interact with financial institutions and regulatory agencies that can affect venture growth and enable liquidity for investors. Drawing on real-life entrepreneurial ventures and common financial scenarios, the authors include in-depth capstone cases, mini-cases, and examples that engage students and vividly illustrate such key concepts as venture capital funds, institutional investors, strategic alliances, the role of business angels, licensing agreements, and exit strategies.
- TWO CAPSTONE CASES ENABLE STUDENTS TO SYNTHESIZE ESSENTIAL IDEAS.
- END-OF-CHAPTER MATERIALS PROVIDE WEALTH OF OPPORTUNITIES TO APPLY CONCEPTS.
- ENGAGING, CONVERSATIONAL STYLE MAKES THE TEXT REMARKABLY STUDENT FRIENDLY.
- TIME-SAVING INSTRUCTOR MATERIALS SIMPLIFY CLASS PREPARATION.
Table of Contents
Part 1: THE ENTREPRENEURIAL ENVIRONMENT.
1. Introduction to Finance for Entrepreneurs.
2. Developing the Business Idea.
Part 2: ORGANIZING AND OPERATING THE VENTURE.
3. Organizing and Financing a New Venture.
4. Preparing and Using Financial Statements.
5. Evaluating Operating and Financial Performance.
Part 3: PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE.
6. Managing Cash Flow.
7. Types and Costs of Financial Capital.
8. Securities Law Considerations When Obtaining Venture Financing.
Part 4: CREATING AND RECOGNIZING VENTURE VALUE.
9. Projecting Financial Statements.
10. Valuing Early-Stage Ventures.
11. Venture Capital Valuation Methods.
Part 5: STRUCTURING FINANCING FOR THE GROWING VENTURE.
12. Professional Venture Capital.
13. Other Financing Alternatives.
14. Security Structures and Determining Enterprise Values.
Part 6: EXIT AND TURNAROUND STRATEGIES.
15. Harvesting the Business Venture Investment.
16. Financially Troubled Ventures: Turnaround Opportunities?
Part 7: CAPSTONE CASES.
Case 1. Eco-Products, Inc.
Case 2. Spatial Technology, Inc.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834568
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834568