- Interim Summaries: Each chapter features two to three interim summaries that allow students to catch their breath and check their mastery of the material before proceeding.
- Key Terms: A list of key terms at the end of each chapter, with page references, helps students focus their learning.
- Boxed Features: Each chapter includes four types of boxed features designed to promote critical thinking and engage students: Thinking Ethically, Connecting to Research, Behavioral Neuroscience Goes to Work, and Building Better Health.
- Chapter Integration: To emphasize how the material fits together and to promote elaborative rehearsal, the author references other chapters relevant to the topic at hand. In MindTap, these references take the form of hyperlinks, allowing readers to easily refer to other parts of the book and review if necessary before proceeding to new material.
- Chapter Review: End-of-chapter thought questions can also serve as essay or discussion prompts.
- Review Quizzes: MindTap, the online learning experience available with the text, includes review quizzes for each main heading and a comprehensive quiz at the end of each chapter.
- Accessible Writing Style: Students and instructors from community colleges through the top R1 universities like the accessible writing style used in this textbook.
- Clear, Large, Carefully Labeled Illustrations: Medical-quality anatomical illustrations help students visualize the structures and processes discussed in the text.
- Learning Objectives and Chapter Outlines: Each chapter begins with learning objectives designed to tap into higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy, as well as an outline of the chapter's content.
- Margin Glossary: The author regularly provides margin definitions for many difficult terms -- many more than some other texts that include margin definitions for key terms only.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Behavioral Neuroscience?
2. Functional Neuroanatomy and the Evolution of the Nervous System.
3. Neurophysiology: The Structure and Functions of the Cells of the Nervous System.
5. Genetics and the Development of the Human Brain.
7. Nonvisual Sensation and Perception.
9. Homeostasis, Motivation, and Reward.
10. Sexual Behavior.
11. Sleep and Waking.
12. Learning and Memory.
14. Emotion, Aggression, and Stress.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834544
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834544