- Each chapter opens with learning objectives as well as includes in-text engagement features, skill building exercises, and reflection questions to help students optimize their study time and course success.
- Throughout the book, the author explicitly links communication concepts to active involvement with the world beyond the classroom. Wherever possible, the text cites current research, provides engaging examples, and directs students to URLs and blogs about relevant civic engagement, work settings, and social contexts.
- The author explores the uses, impact, and roles of technology"”detailing social media throughout the text to illustrate the pervasive nature of technology today, while a variety of hands-on activities show students how to work critically and meaningfully with these technologies to maximize their careers and personal success.
- COMMUNICATION MOSAICS encourages students to apply communication theories, research, and skills to real-world practice. Self-tests and brief activities found in each chapter's TAKE ACTION section and the "Guidelines" sections in Parts II and III help students develop and sharpen their communication skills, while "Engage!" boxes introduce them to a range of technology, diversity, and professional issues.
- Offering a wealth of resources, the text's Premium Website features a variety of online tools mapped to key communication learning concepts and chapter learning lists. Popular with instructors and students alike, the site includes an enhanced eBook, audio study tools, chapter downloads, interactive video activities, self-assessments, and other web resources.
Table of Contents
1. Intercultural Communication: A Requirement for the Interdependent Global Society.
2. Communication and Culture: The Voice and the Echo.
3. The Deep Structure of Culture: Lessons from the Family.
4. Worldview: Cultural Explanations of Life and Death.
5. Cultural History: Precursor to the Present and Future.
6. Cultural Values: Roadmaps for Behavior.
7. Culture and Identity: Situating the Individual.
8. Verbal Messages: Exchanging Ideas Through Language.
9. Nonverbal Communication: The Messages of Action, Space, Time, and Silence.
10. Intercultural Communication in Contexts: Application in Business, Education, and Healthcare.
11. The Challenges of Intercultural Communication: Managing Differences.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834520
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834520