The audit environment continues to change in dramatic ways, and Johnstone/Gramling/Rittenberg's AUDITING: A RISK BASED-APPROACH, 11E prepares students for that fast-changing world by developing their professional and ethical decision-making skills. AUDITING integrates the latest in standards, including new guidance from the PCAOB on audit reports, fraud risks, emerging topics such as data analytics, and ethical challenges facing today's financial statement auditors within a framework of professional skepticism. Extensively re-written to be more student focused, AUDITING has multiple hands-on opportunities to develop critical-thinking skills with new in-text learning features including "What Do You Think? For Classroom Discussion," and "Prompts for Critical Thinking: It’s Your Turn!". Finally, unique end-of-chapter Tableau®-based problems help students become formidable data-driven decision makers. AUDITING can be paired with MindTap digital resources, which offer an interactive ebook as well as engaging, high-impact cases to teach data-driven decision making skills.
- ACADEMIC RESEARCH CASES HIGHLIGHT RELEVANT RESEARCH STUDIES.
- FOCUS ON DATA ANALYTICS EMPHASIZES PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS.
- GENERALIZED AUDIT SOFTWARE WORKS SEAMLESSLY WITH UPDATED CASES.
- EMPHASIS ON PROFESSIONAL SKEPTICISM INTRODUCES THE PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS OF THIS CONCEPT.
- PROFESSIONAL DECISION-MAKING AND ETHICAL DECISION-MAKING FRAMEWORKS PREPARE READERS FOR REAL BUSINESS CHALLENGES.
- FEATURES AND CHAPTER EXHIBITS BRING ATTENTION TO MEMORABLE EXAMPLES.
Table of Contents
1. Quality Auditing: Why It Matters.
2. The Auditor’s Responsibilities Regarding Fraud and Mechanisms to Address Fraud: Regulation and Corporate Governance.
3. Internal Control Over Financial Reporting: Responsibilities of Management and the External Auditor.
4. Professional Legal Liability.
5. Professional Auditing Standards and the Audit Opinion Formulation Process.
6. Audit Evidence.
7. Planning the Audit: Identifying and Responding to the Risks of Material Misstatement.
8. Specialized Audit Tools: Sampling and Generalized Audit Software.
9. Auditing the Revenue Cycle.
10. Auditing Cash and Marketable Securities.
11. Auditing Inventory, Goods and Services, and Accounts Payable: The Acquisition and Payment Cycle.
12. Auditing Long-Lived Assets: Acquisition, Use, Impairment, and Disposal.
13. Auditing Long-Term Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity Transactions.
14. Completing a Quality Audit.
15. Audit Reports.
Why It Matters and Fraud Focus Index by Chapter.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834513
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834513