- The algorithms in the text are designed to work with a wide variety of software packages and programming languages, allowing maximum flexibility for users to harness computing power to perform approximations. The book's companion website offers Maple, Mathematica, and MATLAB worksheets, as well as C, FORTRAN, Java, and Pascal programs.
- The design of the text gives instructors flexibility in choosing topics they wish to cover, selecting the level of theoretical rigor desired, and deciding which applications are most appropriate or interesting for their classes.
- Virtually every concept in the text is illustrated by examples. In addition, concepts and examples are reinforced by more than 2500 class-tested exercises ranging from elementary applications of methods and algorithms to generalizations and extensions of the theory.
- The exercise sets include many applied problems from diverse areas of engineering, as well as from the physical, computer, biological, and social sciences.
Table of Contents
1. MATHEMATICAL PRELIMINARIES AND ERROR ANALYSIS.
2. SOLUTIONS OF EQUATIONS IN ONE VARIABLE.
3. INTERPOLATION AND POLYNOMIAL APPROXIMATION.
4. NUMERICAL DIFFERENTIATION AND INTEGRATION. 5. INITIAL-VALUE PROBLEMS FOR ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS.
6. DIRECT METHODS FOR SOLVING LINEAR SYSTEMS.
7. ITERATIVE TECHNIQUES IN MATRIX ALGEBRA.
8. APPROXIMATION THEORY.
9. APPROXIMATING EIGENVALUES.
10. NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS OF NONLINEAR SYSTEMS OF EQUATIONS.
11. BOUNDARY-VALUE PROBLEMS FOR ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS.
12. NUMERICAL SOLUTIONS TO PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS.
Answers to Selected Exercises.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834285
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834285