Present today's most cutting-edge treatment of microeconomics with the proven market leader -- MICROECONOMIC THEORY: BASIC PRINCIPLES AND EXTENSIONS. Now even better, this 12th edition offers a level of mathematical rigor ideal for upper-level undergraduate or beginning graduate students. This edition provides clear, accurate coverage of advanced microeconomic concepts while illustrating how theory applies to practical situations Readers work with theoretical tools, real-world applications, new behavioral economics problems, and the latest developments in microeconomics. The book's unique presentation even helps build student intuition with highly-acclaimed, two-tier end-of-chapter problems that begin with simple numerical/mathematical exercises followed by more analytical, theoretical, complex, and behavioral economics problems. Key figures from the book now appear as interactive Progression Graphs in the all-new online MindTap for Microeconomic Theory.
- STUDENT-FRIENDLY PRESENTATION HELPS ENSURE COMPREHENSION AND APPLICATION.
- PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES FURTHER STRENGTHEN STUDENT UNDERSTANDING.
- END-OF-CHAPTER "EXTENSIONS"¬ù PRESENT EMPIRICAL STUDIES OF THE CHAPTER'S topics.
- CONTENT ON DUALITY AND ENVELOPE THEOREM IS COMPLETELY REVISED.
- CONTENT ADDRESSES THE LATEST ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENTS AND CHANGES.
Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Economic Models.
2. Mathematics for Microeconomics.
Part II: CHOICE AND DEMAND.
3. Preferences and Utility.
4. Utility Maximization and Choice.
5. Income and Substitution Effects.
6. Demand Relationships among Goods.
Part III: UNCERTAINTY AND STRATEGY.
8. Game Theory.
Part IV: PRODUCTION AND SUPPLY.
9. Production Functions.
10. Cost Functions.
11. Profit Maximization.
Part V: COMPETITIVE MARKETS.
12. The Partial Equilibrium Competitive Model.
13. General Equilibrium and Welfare.
Part VI: MARKET POWER.
15. Imperfect Competition.
Part VII: PRICING IN INPUT MARKETS.
16. Labor Markets.
17. Capital and Time.
Part VIII: MARKET FAILURE.
18. Asymmetric Information.
19. Externalities and Public Goods.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834278
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834278