Dr. James W. Kalat's BIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY is the most widely used text in the course area, translated into seven other languages. There are good reasons for its nearly four decades of leadership: a high level of scholarship, a clear writing style with amusing anecdotes and precise examples. With all editions, Kalat's goal has been to make Biological Psychology accessible to Psychology students, not just to Biology majors and pre meds. Another goal is to convey the excitement of the search for biological explanations of behavior, and Kalat delivers. Updated with new topics, examples and recent research findings--and supported by the interactive learning tools in the MindTap online learning platform--the thirteenth edition speaks to today's students and instructors.
- Kalat incorporates the latest research in Biological Psychology, including significant coverage on Neuroscience and Neuropsychology.
- Colorful, vivid illustrations in a consistent style throughout the text connect physiological components to concise Biological Psychology explanations, helping students understand challenging concepts.
- Try It Yourself exercises illustrate phenomena discussed in the text, such as the blind spot, motion blindness, habit learning, hemispheric interactions and binocular rivalry. By enabling students to experience certain research findings directly, these enjoyable, instructive exercises make it easier to comprehend and remember concepts.
- Stop and Check self-quizzes at the end of every major section give students the opportunity to review and digest the material they have just read. Answers--presented upside down--immediately follow each question or set of questions.
- Each module concludes with a list of key terms with page references, one or more questions to provoke thought and discussion and a set of multiple-choice questions to test important points in the module. Most of the multiple-choice questions are new to this edition.
Table of Contents
1. Nerve Cells and Nerve Impulses.
3. Anatomy and Research Methods.
4. Genetics, Evolution, Development, and Plasticity.
6. Other Sensory Systems.
8. Wakefulness and Sleep.
9. Internal Regulation.
10. Reproductive Behaviors.
11. Emotional Behaviors.
12. The Biology of Learning and Memory.
13. Cognitive Functions.
14. Psychological Disorders.
Appendix A: Brief, Basic Chemistry.
Appendix B: Society for Neuroscience Policies on the Use of Animals and Human Subjects in Research.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834193
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834193