Equip students with a conceptual understanding of the role that management science plays in the decision-making process while integrating the latest developments in MicrosoftÂ® Office ExcelÂ® 2016. The market leader for more than two decades, Anderson/Sweeney/Williams/Camm/Cochran/Fry/Ohlmann's AN INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT SCIENCE: QUANTITATIVE APPROACHES TO DECISION MAKING, 15E provides unwavering accuracy with emphasis on applications and timely examples. A hallmark problem-scenario approach introduces each quantitative technique within an applications setting. Students apply the management science model to generate solutions and recommendations for management. All data sets, applications, and screen visuals reflect Excel 2016. A comprehensive support package offers timesaving support from the text authors as well as online chapters, an appendix, LINGO software and Excel add-ins.
- PROVEN AUTHOR TEAM DELIVERS LEADING, TRUSTED PRESENTATION.
- PROBLEM-SCENARIO APPROACH ENSURES COMPREHENSION.
- SELF-TEST EXERCISES ENSURE UNDERSTANDING.
- REAL DATA EXAMPLES DEMONSTRATE ACTUAL BUSINESS SITUATIONS AND CHALLENGES.
- INTEGRATED SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS HELP STUDENTS MASTER CRITICAL SKILLS.
- ROBUST ONLINE CONTENT REINFORCES AND EXPANDS UPON THE BOOK'S EXPLANATIONS.
Table of Contents
2. An Introduction to Linear Programming.
3. Linear Programming: Sensitivity Analysis and Interpretation of Solution.
4. Linear Programming Applications in Marketing, Finance, and Operations Management.
5. Advanced Linear Programming Applications.
6. Distribution and Network Models.
7. Integer Linear Programming.
8. Nonlinear Optimization Models.
9. Project Scheduling: PERT/CPM.
10. Inventory Models.
11. Waiting Line Models.
13. Decision Analysis.
14. Multicriteria Decisions.
15. Time Series Analysis and Forecasting.
16. Markov Processes.
17. Linear Programming: Simplex Method (online).
18. Simplex-Based Sensitivity Analysis and Duality (online).
19. Solutions Procedures for Transportation and Assignment Problems (online).
20. Minimal Spanning Tree (online).
21. Dynamic Programming (online).
Appendix A: Building Spreadsheet Models.
Appendix B: Areas for the Standard Normal Distribution.
Appendix C: Values of eâ€“Î».
Appendix D: References and Bibliography.
Appendix E: Self-Test Solutions and Answers to Even-Numbered Problems (online only).
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814834186
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814834186