Students might find it a challenge to orientate themselves to the working world. In Essentials of Business Communication, An Asia Edition this book serves to bridge that gap with useful learning tools provided in the book and local examples that will be relevant to the Asian student. From detailed grammar/mechanics exercises to resources like the communication workshop to promote career skills, your learning experience will be meaningful and engaging. Students will also be trained to become an effective communicator in today’s wired and mobile workplace.
- This book helps to reinforce basic communication and writing skills in different business settings. Students will find useful tips to be proficient in both written and oral communication, and be better prepared for the working world.
- Improve your proficiency and enrich your learning with features like Flashcards that help you memorize glossary terms and The Personal Language Trainer which will boost your grammar skills.
- Interactive group exercises at the end of chapters to facilitate and enhance your overall learning experience.
New to this Edition
- The Premium Web site provides you with invaluable resources to help you excel in this course and develop workplace communication skills.
- This edition also features a new chapter on writing business plans and proposals.
Table of Contents
About the Authors
Unit 1 Workplace Communication Today
1. Communication Skills as Career Filters
Unit 2 The Business Writing Process
2. Planning Business Messages
3. Composing business Messages
4. Revising Business Messages
Unit 3 Communicating at Work
5. Electronic Messages and Digital Media
6. Positive Messages
7. Negative Messages
8. Persuasive Messages
Unit 4 Reports and Proposals
9. Business Plans and Proposals
10. Informal Reports
11. Writing Formal Business Reports
UNIT 5 Professionalism, Teamwork, Meetings and Speaking Skills
12. Professionalism at Work: Business Etiquette, Ethics, Teamwork and Meetings
13. Business Presentations
UNIT 6 Employment Communication
14. The Job Search, Résumés and Cover Letters
15. Interviewing and Following Up
UNIT 7 Analyzing Ethical Situations in Business Communication
16. Ethics in Business Communication
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9789814687102
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814687102