Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Growth and the Asian Experience
3. The Asian Crises and Recent Developments
5. Industrialization and Structural Change
6. International Trade and Investment
7. Savings and the Financial System
9. Poverty and Income Distribution
10. Human Resource Development: A Focus on Education and Health
11. Globalization and the “New Economy”
12. The Environment and Sustainable Developments in Asia
13. The Political Economy of Developments in Asia
UNIQUE ASIAN DEVELOPMENT PERSPECTIVE. Offers an exclusive look at economic growth and development from the viewpoint of Asian developing countries, and the authors’ own critical interpretation of the issues involved.
UPDATED DATA AND DEVELOPMENTS. Explores recent developments in the global economic crisis of 2008/2009 and their impacts on Asia. It includes recent data and developments in agriculture, industry, finance, international trade, poverty, environment, health, and education.
COMPREHENSIVE. The text is based on an extensive review of key contemporary issues in economic development in Asia. Material covers a wide range of topics such as macroeconomics, microeconomics, international trade, human resources and poverty.
SUPPORTING COUNTRY CASE STUDIES. Extensive use of specific country studies with supporting current empirical data from databases from the Asian Development Bank, United Nations, and World Bank.
FIRM THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL GROUNDING. Careful adaptation of theoretical and empirical materials has been made to reflect and explain economic developments in the Asian region from both micro and macroeconomic point of view.
REVIEW QUESTIONS AND ADDITIONAL READINGS. A section of review questions and list of further readings are provided at the end of each chapter.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9789814272933
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9789814272933