Explore, discover, and experience technology with the interactive and adaptive Technology in Action —the book that uses technology to teach technology! This book offers a learning system that pushes the envelope of what is possible in technology, and what is helpful in teaching. Although students are more comfortable with the digital environment than ever, their knowledge of the devices they use every day is still limited. The authors focus on tasks that students can accomplish with their devices, and skills they can apply immediately in the workplace, the classroom, and at home. This book fits the way students are learning today.
Technology in Action, 14th Edition is a timely and essential update to this best-selling computer concepts text. Focusing on the topics and skills students need to be digitally literate, Technology in Action engages students with practical content and hands-on interactive simulations and lessons.
Highlights of what’s new in the 14th Edition
· Single column design , providing a more open and linear flow to improve comprehension and understanding.
· Updated and reorganized content for a more connected approach to key topics.
o Reorganized Technology in Focus s ections Under the Hood and Ethics in IT have been integrated into relevant chapters, while History of Computers and Careers in IT were moved to the appendices.
· Broader coverage of ethics throughout the book.
· Engaging History of Computing video linked in Chapter 2.
· Newly redesigned Sound Bytes provide easier interface, updated content, and three completely new lessons.
· New infographics provide graphical view of important data.
Table of Contents
1. Using Technology to Change the World
2. Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts
3. Using the Internet: Making the Most of the Web’s Resources
4. Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play
5. System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management
6. Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
7. Networking: Connecting Computing Devices
8. Managing a Digital Lifestyle: Media and Ethics
9. Securing Your System: Protecting Your Digital Data and Devices
10. Behind the Scenes: Software Programming
11. Behind the Scenes: Databases and Information Systems
12. Behind the Scenes: Networking and Security in the Business World
13. Behind the Scenes: How the Internet Works
Appendix A. The History of the Personal Computer
Appendix B. Careers in IT
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9781292236902
- Weight: 1.58kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781292236902