This text is intended for a 1-semester CS1 course sequence. The Brief Version contains the first 18 chapters of the Comprehensive Version. The first 13 chapters are appropriate for preparing the AP Computer Science exam.
A fundamentals-first introduction to basic programming concepts and techniques
Designed to support an introductory programming course, Introduction to Java Programming and Data Structures teaches concepts of problem-solving and object-orientated programming using a fundamentals-first approach. Beginner programmers learn critical problem-solving techniques then move on to grasp the key concepts of object-oriented, GUI programming, advanced GUI and Web programming using JavaFX. This course approaches Java GUI programming using JavaFX, which has replaced Swing as the new GUI tool for developing cross-platform-rich Internet applications and is simpler to learn and use. The 11th edition has been completely revised to enhance clarity and presentation, and includes new and expanded content, examples, and exercises.
- A fundamentals-first approach prepares students to learn object-oriented programing and advanced Java programming by first building foundational skills.
- With a problem-driven focus, students learn to approach programming as a method for problem solving rather than syntax.
- Pedagogical features foster student interest in introductory programming and appeal to students in all majors
- Extensive resources provide support for both instructors and students
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Computers, Programs, and Java
2. Elementary Programming
4. Mathematical Functions, Characters, and Strings
7. Single-Dimensional Arrays
8. Multidimensional Arrays
9. Objects and Classes
10. Object-Oriented Thinking
11. Inheritance and Polymorphism
12. Exception Handling and Text I/O
13. Abstract Classes and Interfaces
14. JavaFX Basics
15. Event-Driven Programming and Animations
16. JavaFX UI Controls and Multimedia
17. Binary I/O
20. Lists, Stacks, Queues, and Priority Queues
21. Sets and Maps
22. Developing Efficient Algorithms
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9781292221878
- Weight: 2.49kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781292221878