International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures, Text and Cases, Global Edition, 9/E
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Global Manager’s Environment
1. Assessing the Environment: Political, Economic, Legal, Technological
2. Managing Interdependence: Social Responsibility, Ethics, Sustainability
NEW! Case 1 Facebook’s Internet.org Initiative: Serving the Bottom of the Pyramid? (several countries)
Case 2 An Ethics Role-Playing Case: Stockholders versus Stakeholders (Global/Sri Lanka)
Part 2: The Cultural Context of Global Management
3. Understanding the Role of Culture
4. Communicating Across Cultures
5. Cross-Cultural Negotiation and Decision Making
NEW! Case 3 Vodafone in Egypt: National Crises and Their Implications for Multinational Corporations (Egypt)
NEW! Case 4 Hailing a New Era: Haier in Japan (China/Japan)
Part 3: Formulating and Implementing Strategy for International and Global Operations
6. Formulating Strategy
7. Implementing Strategy: Strategic Alliances, Small Businesses, Emerging Economy Firms
8. Organization Structure and Control Systems
NEW! Case 5 A libaba versus Tencent: The Battle for China’s M-Commerce Space (China/Global)
NEW! Case 6 Business Model and Competitive Strategy of IKEA in India (India)
NEW! Case 7 Wal-Mart in Africa (Africa)
NEW! Case 8 Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (2015): From an Alliance to a Cross-Border Merger (Global)
Part 4: Global Human Resources Management
9. Staffing, Training, and Compensation for Global Operations
10. Developing a Global Management Cadre
11. Motivating and Leading
NEW! Case 9 Leading Across Cultures at Michelin (France/US)
NEW! Case 10 Ethical Leadership: Ratan Tata and India’s Tata Group (Global)
Integrative Term Project
NEW! Integrative Case: Case 11 IKEA in Russia: Emerging Market Strategies and Ethical Dilemmas (Russia)
Name and Subject Index
For courses in international business, international management, and general management.
Management Around the World: Business Strategies and Interpersonal Skills.
International Management engages and educates students with the following features:
Comprehensive Cases feature examples of businesses that are familiar to students.
Three of the new cases are award winners: Vodafone in Egypt, Leading Across Cultures at Michelin, and Ethical Leadership: Ratan Tata and India’s Tata Group.
Case selection provides increased coverage of emerging markets and high-technology companies. A range of topics and geographic locations is included as well as interactive Ethics Role-Playing cases.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9781292153537
- Weight: 1.50kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781292153537