This new edition of Essential Economics for Business presents the core principles of microeconomics and macroeconomics applied to the world of business while also looking at wider, topical business issues, such as business strategy, corporate social responsibility, ethics and the state of the global environment in which we live.
Using up-to-date case studies the 5th edition examines everything from the impact of the financial crisis and the effects of the Brexit vote in the UK, to popular distrust of globalisation and the operation of specific businesses to illustrate how economic theory relates to real business issues.
Looking for economics in action? Search online for the Sloman Economics News Site, a blog that’s updated several times a week with current affairs and topical stories, all linked to your textbook so you can explore the background to the issues more deeply.
Table of Contents
1. Business and the economic environment
2. The working of competitive markets
3. Demand and the consumer
4. Supply decisions in a perfectly competitive market
5. Pricing and output decisions in imperfectly competitive markets
6. Business growth and strategy
7. Multinational corporations and business strategy in a global economy
8. Labour and employment
9. Government, the firm and the market
10. The economy and business activity
11. National macroeconomic policy
12. The global trading environment
13. The global financial environment
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: 9781292151274
- Weight: 2.02kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781292151274