Thoroughly updated to cover world affairs through 2012, the brief version of International Relations presents the same approach and coverage but in a streamlined and flexible format.
From war and trade to human rights and the environment, this text is praised for being the most current introduction to international relations theory as well as security, economic, and global issues. Applying a broad range of theoretical perspectives to help students analyze what is happening in the world today, International Relations, Brief Edition is perfect for courses where multiple texts are assigned.
- Comprehensive coverage of international relations theory.
- Balanced emphasis on international security and international political economy.
- Historical context throughout the text.
- “Policy Perspectives” boxes ask students to take the perspective of a national leader faced with a real-world situation and to develop a policy in response.
- The most extensive use of illustrations.
- Integrated study guide.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Globalization of International Relations
Chapter 2. Realist Theories
Chapter 3. Liberal and Social Theories
Chapter 4. Conflict, War, and Terrorism
Chapter 5. Trade and Finances
Chapter 6. International Organization, Law, and Human Rights
Chapter 7. North-South Relations
Chapter 8. Environment and Technology
- Stock: Pre-Order ( est 3 to 4 weeks )
- Model: 9781292026930
- Weight: 1.12kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781292026930