Cambridge IGCSE™ Chinese as a Second Language Coursebook (Optional) (ISBN: 9781108438957)
With topics ranging from festivals to travel and technology, each unit is based around one authentic Mandarin Chinese text and audio recording. This mix of content helps students engage with the subject and develop their ability to handle real language materials. Audio recordings (available online) help students practise the new listening aspect of the course, while ‘Culture boxes’ provide interesting insights into Chinese culture. Students will work collaboratively with others – sometimes in pairs and other times in groups – to develop language skills through communication. Answers to the coursebook questions are in the digital teacher’s resource.
- A range of reading comprehension texts including emails, blogs and newspaper articles help students create different types of written pieces.
- Learning objectives and warm-up exercises at the beginning of each unit prepare students for the work ahead.
- 'Culture boxes' provide interesting insights into Chinese cultures and provide talking points for students to practise language in the classroom.
- Each unit includes a variety of activities that help develop listening, reading, writing and speaking skills in a practical, communicative way.
1. School and education
2. Future career plans
4. Peer pressure
5. Generation gap
6. Youth life
Reading and writing focus
7. Healthy eating
8. Sports and exercise
9. Film and the media
11. Communication and technology
12. Country and city lifestyles
13. Scientific advancement
15. Pollution and global warming
18. Customs and culinary diversity
Grammar list. Introduction
|Cambridge - IGCSE||Cambridge - IGCSE|
|>||Cambridge - IGCSE|
Ex Tax: RM170.00
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9781108438957
- Weight: 0.85kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9781108438957