- Strong exercise sets feature a great breadth of problems-progressing from skills problems to applied and theoretical problems-to encourage students to think about and practice the concepts until they achieve mastery.
- Figures are conceived and rendered to provide insight for students and support conceptual reasoning.
- The flexible table of contents divides complex topics into manageable sections, allowing instructors to tailor their course to meet the specific needs of their students. For example, the precise definition of the limit is contained in its own section and may be skipped.
- Complete and precise multivariable coverage enhances the connections of multivariable ideas with their single-variable analogues studied earlier in the book.
- A robust MyMathLab course contains 7,900 assignable exercises, a complete e-book, and built-in tutorials so students can get help whenever they need it.
- A complete suite of instructor and student supplements saves class preparation time for instructors and improves students' learning.
Table of Contents
2. Limits and Continuity
4. Applications of Derivatives
6. Applications of Definite Integrals
7. Transcendental Functions
8. Techniques of Integration
9. First-Order Differential Equations
10. Infinite Sequences and Series
11. Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates
12. Vectors and the Geometry of Space
13. Vector-Valued Functions and Motion in Space
14. Partial Derivatives
15. Multiple Integrals
16. Integration in Vector Fields
17. Second-Order Differential Equations (online)
1. Real Numbers and the Real Line
2. Mathematical Induction
3. Lines, Circles, and Parabolas
4. Proofs of Limit Theorems
5. Commonly Occurring Limits
6. Theory of the Real Numbers
7. Complex Numbers
8. The Distributive Law for Vector Cross Products
9. The Mixed Derivative Theorem and the Increment Theorem
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: 9780321643636
- Weight: 2.52kg
- Dimensions: 32.40cm x 23.70cm x 6.00cm
- ISBN: 9780321643636